Final design of 3D model

In this task, I created a 3D model based on the final 2D plan I selected in the previous task. 

To start with I faintly drew a layout of what will be on each of the three cards that make up the 3D model, two side panels and one base panel. 

After I drew the plan I painted all the parts of the wall that are inside the mine. I used grey acrylic paint which I created by mixing black and white acrylic paint. To spread the paint around, I used a glue spreader. This gave it quite a smooth finish which is what I wanted. I then used a darker grey and I dabbed it over the existing grey to make it a better stone texture.

After that I moved onto the wooden beams. On a separate piece of paper I made a wood texture, which I created using masking tape and watercolour, and I photocopied it. Then I cut strips down to the correct sizes and stuck it onto the card. 

Next I did the outside part to my environment. I started with the sky. I used a small amounts of wax resist pastels and painted black watercolour and blended it with blue watercolour. I then painted the different planets. I then made the sand dunes and the sandy surface. I used tissue paper and watercolour for the sandy surface. I created the sand dunes by using orange acrylic paint and a fine liner to differentiate each dune from one another. There is an excavator just above the sand dunes

I then finished the base card by doing the curved mine track. I started by painting a track with brown watercolour and then painted some black parts over the top of it. Then I used the edge of a piece of card and used white acrylic paint and I pressed it onto the edge of each of the black sections.

On the wall I have a torch. This torch was created by using tissue paper, a mixture of red and orange watercolour, yellow and white acrylic paint. I also painted shading onto the wooden beams. The side closest to the torch is much lighter in comparison to the further away side.

On the doorway I painted a hand which is grasping the wooden beam. I used green acrylic paint to make it seem like an alien of sort. 

To finish my piece of work I painted the minecart and did the torch on the wall. I used a light shade of grey acrylic paint for the minecart to differentiate it from the grey that is already on the wall.

This is the final 3D model.